- Learn the history of coffee
- How coffee is blended and roasted
- Learn how a good coffee should look, smell and taste;
- Experience some great and bad coffee examples
- Learn to achieve a perfect extraction. Under extraction is too weak/watery/sour, over extraction means burnt/bitter coffee
- Hands on Practice on the coffee machines in our training room
- Why is milk so important?
- What is the right temperature?
- How to texture silky creamy milk?
- What are the different types of coffee served in a cafe?
- How to make these coffees such as a Latte, Cappuccino, Long back…
- How the espresso machine works and how to do basic maintenance tasks such as grindsetting, dose setting and grind adjustment
- How to clean and check equipment such as seal and shower screens
- How to adjust an incorrect grind to achieve a perfect 30ml in 30 seconds extraction…
Here is what you’ll receive:
- A statement of attainment for the unit SITHFAB012B Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
- Detailed course notes & instructions
- Unlimited use of coffee and milk
How long is the course?
At VCS premises in Malaga or at your School if you have an Espresso Machine
Number of students in one class
Each class is limited to max 8 people
$160 per person
Contact: Stephanie on (08) 6188 8120 for more information or to book into a course.